Several of your penned pieces reminded me of the words of Walt Whitman. He wrote the following piece in Leaves of Grass:
Poets to Come
Poets to come! orators, singers, musicians to come!
Not to-day is to justify me and answer what I am for,
But you, a new brood, native, athletic, continental, greater than
before known
Arouse! for you must justify me.
I myself but write one or two indicative words for the future,
I but advance a moment only to wheel and hurry back in the
darkness.
I am a man who, sauntering along without fully stopping, turns a
casual look upon you and then averts his face,
Leaving it to you to prove and define it,
Expecting the main things to come from you.
Whitman, considered the father of free verse, wrote in a style that was evident in several of your writings.
I ran to Whitman after reading your works this week.

No comments:
Post a Comment