Let's write for this generation and the next. You will write your final pieces of the Institute today. It's has been a wonderful summer. I love you guys.
My final poem of the summer, Brother Author, is below:
Senior Brother Author Tatum
Brother Author
Are you out there?
Are you out there?
Putting your thoughts together for me
I want to situate myself comfortably in your pages
As you write about uncomfortable truths
You don’t have to be nice to me
Just be fair
I can handle it
Are you out there?
Are you out there?
I woke up this morning expecting something good to happen
I knew I was going to find your words
Words that lift me up without tearing me down
I am waiting for you
Maybe you are already hidden in the stacks
Finish this for me www…
So that I can Google you
Are you out there?
Are you out there?
Are you keeping up with what’s happen to me?
Make sense of my actions so that I can act differently
Brother Author
Brother Author
Where are you?
My ears and hearts are open
I know you know that I cry on my pillow at night
This is when my humanity comes to light – in my own personal darkness
I need to find you before my personal darkness becomes the world’s darkness
I need to find you, Brother Author, so that I can find myself
I showed up again today and again nothing
I stared at the pages and I did not hear you speaking to me
You were not there to tell me who I am and what I can become
Tomorrow, Brother Author, I hope I find you
I am still looking, waiting, praying, crying
Until then, I just don’t know.
Dear young brother author
ReplyDeleteDear future brother author. I write this letter to you because I just want to let you know how much fun you will have at this institute. My experience in the third annual institute was fun and the people that I met were very interesting and very poetically influenced. I came to this institute expecting to just get some money and go on with my life. But I found out that it was a real good experience and I learned how to reach within my inner self to release all the stress and feelings that I have built up inside.
There are several things that I will always remember about this institute and they are.
The people that attended the program
The person that sits next to me and the person that I have conversations with on the train.
I will also remember the poems and the stories that were read
You can expect to have fun at this institute and expect to get what you ask for. You will learn a preamble that means to write how you feel and what’s on your mind.
My last thought to you is I hope that you enjoy yourself at this program and if you attend I this institute it will be worth it.